Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Book Hunter Watches a Movie


On Sunday, I finished reading Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and downright loved it. Of course, what inspired me to read the book was the film, starring Kristen Stewart of (sadly) Twilight fame. I'm not gonna lie, what piqued my interest in the film was none other than Steve Zahn (Safe MenA Perfect GetawayReality BitesRiding in Cars with Boys). How could you not like that actor?

Like most adaptations, the film culls a lot from the book - who'd want to see a movie that's exactly like the book, word-per-word, scene-per-scene? You'd have to be insane. Unlike most adaptations, the film does excel in the range of emotions set up by the novel. Call me a softy, but both endings had me on the verge of tears (read: cried).

Not to worried, I won't dissect the film and compare it to the book. It's a fool's game. And one I don't have time for. Until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment