Sunday, September 25, 2011

Boardwalk Empire


Guest post of the week by Val Flores

I logged onto Direc4U.com to upgrade our television package. I wanted to get HBO because I watched a great new show at a friend’s house. The new HBO series is called “Boardwalk Empire”. It is a period serious that is set in the 1920’s. It follows the politics, social scene, and bootleggers of Atlantic City at its prime. Immediately, I was hooked. Each episode that I have seen has a great story line and keeps you wanting more. The costuming is fabulous. I have always been a fan of the 1920’s style. The women’s dresses are great examples of era. The set is also really well done. Everything is period. The show actually takes you back in time and makes you feel like you are walking the boardwalk in Atlantic City. The show is a drama but there is also some comedic relief. Now that I have upgraded my package and have HBO, I cannot wait until the Spring when the new season comes out. I am thinking about throwing a “Boardwalk Empire” themed new year’s party. What could be more fun than dressing up like a flapper?

No comments:

Post a Comment