Monday, January 3, 2011

Most Anticipated Books of 2011 - The Daily Beast

It would seem that the Daily Beast has released it Most Anticipated Books of 2011 list, and I got to say the only book to pique this book hunter's interest is Kenneth Slawenski's biography on the late J.D. Salinger. There are several good ones, no doubt, but I'm not a fan of Ronald Reagan and I don't think I've ever sat through an entire book by Joyce Carol Oates - I know, I know. Some English major I turned out to be. Politically, O: A Presidential Novel has garnered some of my attention, but not enough for me to want to go out and read the book. Besides, I have little respect for anonymous political fiction writers who usually turn out to be some news reporter known for his/her bias. Open City by Teju Cole, on the other hand, just might be the book for me this year. If it's a hunt I want, I'm sure it's a hunt I'll get it. Anyway, check out the list and see what the year holds.

Free Shipping at BookRenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment