Saturday, January 1, 2011

The First Book of 2011


After a long, terrible night of pain and barking dogs - not exactly how I envisioned my New Year's Eve - I woke up to a text message from Monica:
Monica: Is it too late for the first dew of the year?
Me: Never. Hey, guess which shirt I just put on xD
Monica: Wanna go book hunting or something? I'm bored. Hehe. 
The salutation text was a response to my New Year's tweet I made the previous night, but it was a great opener because I had just pulled my Mountain Dew T-shirt over my head when my BlackBerry chimed. And of course, I'm never one who ditches the opportunity to book hunt. Not to mention, book hunting with Monica and Sidney is always sort of an exercise as that little girl likes to pull me around. My sore body, on the other hand, did not appreciate this, but my mentality loved it. I'm in a better mood because of it. 

But that's beside the point. You're probably wondering what this Book Hunter managed to buy on the first day of the year 2011 - pronounced Twenty-Eleven (which, hopefully, is what Esquire's going to call it). Well, I set off to buy a calendar because I still haven't purchased one and Barnes & Noble always has them for about 50% off at this time. I purchased a Thich Nhat Hanh's calendar, matching the one I had for 2010. But it was Monica who found the first book of the new year - a copy of the Barnes & Noble published H. P. Lovecraft's collection - which, by the way, is only $7.99 online. It sort of makes me wish I checked it out on the website instead.

You can also purchase the Thich Nhat Hanh mini calendar for only $3.99 on the Barnes & Noble site. Until next time, keep on huntin'.

After Holiday Sale - Save 50% or more on Books, Music, Movies and more, PLUS Free Shipping. Shop Now



No comments:

Post a Comment