Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hola Dora!

Guest post written by my buddy Hans Hale

As the mother of a 3 year old daughter, I am always concerned about the time she spends in front of a television set with DIRECTV satellite specials. But now that we have discovered Dora the Explorer on Nickelodeon, I feel much more confident about her watching television. The show comes on twice daily in the morning, and she and I turn on the satellite tv and watch our favorite show together.

Dora teaches so many wonderful things! Even at 3 my daughter is able to speak some Spanish words. In addition to teaching Spanish, Dora teaches numbers, letters, counting, colors, and so much more. Boots is our all time favorite character, and the "I'm The Map" song seems to stay stuck in both of our heads all day long. I've even caught myself in the middle of the store singing it, to some wondering eyes.

It is nice to be able to have programs such as Dora that offer more than entertainment for children of her age. Even as a grown woman I have learned from Dora! What could be better than a show designed for youngsters teaching mom too? All salute Dora and Boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment