Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Your Birthday, Edgar Allan Poe


I don't know where my mind is right now. How could I overlook the fact that it's the 202nd birthday of one of the greatest writers - not to mention Gothic writers - to ever exist? That's right, Mr. Bubble Head himself - Edgar Allan Poe. I was young when I fell in love with his writing - "The Raven," of course. I still have my days when nothing cheers me up more than one of his ghastly tales of tell-tale hearts beneath the floorboards, cats behind walls and his sweet Lenore. 

If you're looking to celebrate his birthday, I suggest picking up his collected stories or complete works - poems included - at your local bookstore. Pay full price - mostly because full price is usually not that expensive for public domain items. 

Check out other writers influenced by the master of macabre:


No comments:

Post a Comment