Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Erotica, or My Unquenchable Lust for Books


Monday afternoon, I woke up to find my copy of Coming & Crying at my doorstep. This, as you all know, is the book hunter equivalent to finding a baby in a basket. The book was edited by Melissa Gira Grant and Meaghan O'Connell and I only learned of it after the KickStarter for it had ended. If you're like me, you can purchase a copy here

Also, in the mail, my copy of Vladimir Nabokov's The Original of Laura arrived. If you recall, I mentioned the book last year when it was announced that Playboy was going to release an excerpt in their December issue.

After that, I got dressed and headed out with Monica and Binx to book hunt because that's what we do whenever we're together. First stop led us to Georgia's Thrift Shop where I picked up a copy of Brian Keene's Urban Gothic. Afterward, we wound up at Books -n- Things where I picked up a copy of The Stand - the unabridged copy, as I already have the original published piece - and William Gibson's Neuromancer.  

Today was another day of book hunting, where I purchased a copy of Brian Lumley's Maze of Worlds - only a $1.50! - and No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

I think that concludes - fingers crossed - my book hunting for the rest of the year. My queue is backed up to next December, I believe. Oh well, until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment