Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Coming Clean



There's no other way of saying this, so I'm going to get straight to the point. I want a Kindle. And not just any Kindle, I want the Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, preferably in graphite. In the past, I've come off as pretty anti-Kindle - you know, by pointing out their flaws. But ever since downloading the app for my Blackberry Curve, my PC and netbook, I've had this itch to own one. And the itch, now that X-mas is just around the corner, has escalated into a full-fledged rash. 

So why the Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device and not, say, the Kindle Wi-Fi or the Kindle DX? Or an iPad or a Barnes & Noble Nook? Well, first of all, I'm not a buyer into the hype of Apple computers. I have a Blackberry Curve and not an iPhone for a reason. Secondly, iPads aren't reading devices, even though they can be used as one. Not only are they an eye sore for me, they'd probably be a distraction. As for the Barnes & Noble Nook - well, let's just say they failed to hear my calls when the Amazon Kindle didn't offer an app for my Blackberry Curve.

To answer the first question, I refer to the chart found at Amazon:

Click to enlarge
While Kindle Wi-Fi's battery life is longer than the Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, it lacks one important thing - the FREE 3G service! As for the Kindle DX, well, price plays a major role in that decision. I could perhaps look into other readers - I have been known to stare at the Sony Reader from time to time. But I know what I want and what I want will make me one happy reader. Hopefully Santa Claus will leave it underneath the tree this year. Until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment