Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rizzoli & Isles Book Hunt


Price: $8.12 

I ordered Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen the other night on eBay for only $5.47. Ice Cold is the eighth novel in the series (seventh, actually, but I'm not keeping tabs) and I'm currently on the fourth novel, Body Double. The next is Vanish followed by The Mephisto Club and The Keepsake. I'm not foreseeing me finishing Body Double anytime soon, as I'm busy writing something (not for NaNoWriMo, by the way). 

My first stop for this hunt was at Books 'n' Things in on North 10th. I did my best to stray away from the other shelves and went straight for the Gerritsen section, finding a lone copy of The Keepsake. Gruffing, I picked it up and headed for the Science Fiction & Fantasy section to see what else I could find. Nothing, actually. At the back of the store there's a $1 shelf so I thought I'd see if - perhaps - The Mephisto Club would be stocked there. Nope. But I did find a dollar copy of Michael Crichton's Sphere there. Bingo. Added to the "cart." Checked out for a total price of $5.41.

Off to Georgia's Thrift Shop (on Pecan) where I turned up nothing. Though, I did see a 13-year-old girl pick up a stack of Stephen King novels. Even though I'm not the biggest fan (though I'm learning) of Stephen King, I was just happy to see that she wasn't reading anything lame like Twilight

Moving on. The Book Stop (also on Pecan) was my savior. For only $2.50 (before taxes), I found a copy of The Mephisto Club.

I searched The Book Stop hoping to find a copy of Batman: Fear Itself by Michael Reeves, Batman: Dead White by John Shirley, The Forensic Files of Batman by Doug Moench, or Batman: The Ultimate Evil by Andrew Vachss. Sadly, I didn't find a single copy (in either store, mind you). Oh well, perhaps a Batman book hunt is in store for future. Until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment