Thursday, November 18, 2010

Internet Shopping will be the Death of Me


You've got mail books! I ordered a copy of Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen on eBay about a week ago. It was just released this summer, but already someone was selling it for $2.49 plus shipping and handling - a total price of $5.47. Being the eighth novel in the Jane Rizzoli/Maura Isles series (seventh, if you don't include The Surgeon), it was a must have. I received that in the mail yesterday. 


BetterWorldBooks.comThis morning, I was treated to another book shipping - Michael Chabon's The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. There are two more books on their way from the same seller I purchased this from: On Writing Well by William Zinsser and The Joy of Writing Sex by Elizabeth Benedict. The seller I purchased these latter three was Better World Books, a company known for funding literacy by selling books online. They also happen to be one of my favorite sellers on Amazon. No matter the price, if they happened to list an item I'm looking for, they're the ones I select to purchase from. Even if said item is slightly more than the other sellers - never too much, I think the most I've paid for an item was about fifty cents more.

I don't want to make this post about Better World Books, though. I'll probably make a failed attempt write something that glamorizes them - even though they don't need it. However, X-mas is coming up and I will have to purchase some gifts. And they are having a sale - 3 books for $10 or 4 books for $12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment