Friday, October 22, 2010

Why We Love Cinderella

Guest written by our friend Trent Horton

My daughter and I sit down at least once a week to watch Disney's animated version of Cinderella on satellite TV from this site. This is our mom and daughter time and we thoroughly enjoy it. My daughter wants to be Cinderella when she grows up because she is so beautiful and elegant. This is true even when she is forced to slave on behalf of her stepmother and stepsisters. She just has an inner light that cannot be disguised in any form.

I personally love to watch this movie as I adore the characters of Jacques and Gus. These mice know the true meaning of friendship and do not leave Cinderella even in her darkest moments. They help her as she has helped them in the past. My daughter likes them too, but her favorite part is always when the fairy godmother appears. Thankfully she has not asked for a fairy godmother of her own, but I'm sure that time will come. We'll just have to discuss the fact that her life doesn't require a fairy godmother. It's perfect just the way it is. Of course, her happy ending will come along also as we all look forward to that part of Cinderella. It's what makes this movie a classic beloved for so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment