Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sci-Fi Book Hunt


They finally did it. Two passions into one book. Star Wars and zombies: What, I ask you, could be better? Okay, I'm a year late but I never read Star Wars books and didn't learn of this novel until someone post the cover image on a zombie message board. Joe Schreiber's novel was published last year was only recently released on mass market paperback. Of course I went straight to Barnes & Noble to pick up a copy. The events of the novel are said to take place a year before A New Hope

During my search, I caught a glimpse of Moxyland by Lauren Beukes. Don't judge a book by its cover, they say, but I'm a book hunter and we're very delicate to the beauty of a cover. Moxyland was added to my cart and I vanished toward the front of the store before I bought more books.

However, that failed miserably when I picked up the current issue of Poets & Writers. Total price was under $25. Oh well. Until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment