Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thumbing Through the Guide


It was a lucky find. Last year, at Hastings, I was just skipping along when suddenly I see the leather bound - I'm suspicious if this is really leather bound - of The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide which houses five novels and one short story. It was a lucky find because it was used. It was an extremely lucky find because it was only $3.99. 

To say the least, it rested on my book shelf for a year before I picked it up and flipped the pages. Now I plan to read this one novel at a time - yeah, yeah. How else was I supposed to read it? - meaning, once I'm finished with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I'm going to put down the leather bound book and read something else. Probably Please, Sir which I've already read two stories from and my body is itching to read more. Or I'll pick up Catching Fire (which is en route with Mockingjay), should it be here by tomorrow (I don't have much left to finish off Hitchhiker's Guide). 

I ordered the Hitchhiker's Guide movie - something I've seen years ago, but would really like to see again - but now I'm waiting for it patiently. I also have another book on its way, Heaven: Our Enduring Fascination with the Afterlife by Lisa Miller. I'll have pictures of my "finds" and a review of HHGTTG soon. Until then, happy huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment