Friday, May 6, 2011

New Book. Sorta.


Last month, I was asked if I would partake in a Mother's Day theme reading at the Dustin Michael Sekula Memorial Library here in Edinburg. Because I normally partake in these readings, I said okay. At least this way I'm ensured a spot on the list as I'd be on the bill. Along with Richard Sanchez - whose short story you can read in Valleysong (read my review) - and a few other poets, we managed the reading successfully. The Johnny Economedes High School mariachi band - can I call it a band? not sure what the terminology is - started off the night. Richard followed next, then Guitar Galore - a group of talented music students who played classical music - then me. 

New faces and familiar faces filled the library meeting room. Mom won a raffle after my reading - am I good luck, or what? I read a few pieces, including the submitted words people who follow me on Tumblr. 

Before everything started, however, I sneaked off to the cafe where I found a copy of Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine. Including the soda, my purchase came out to only eighty-five cents. Great deal. Until next time, keep on hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment