Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Walking Dead Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman & Tony Moore

Purchase [Amazon] [B&N]
Now that season two is four episodes deep, I decided it was high time that I read the comic series. For those of you who don't know, the television series deviates greatly from the original graphic novel story. Spoilers aside, some characters don't ever leave the original campsite.

I stepped in this one with caution - meaning, I didn't go out and buy any of The Walking Dead books - because Robert Kirkman storytelling bores the crap out of me. Much like Marvel Zombies, Kirkman takes a brilliant idea and finds a way to dull it out, and toss in things from left field. Makes me happy that the television series gives a little more back story to our characters, making them three dimensional rather than the shells of people Kirkman created. Storytelling over boring us, people.

Tony Moore's art, on the other hand, is great. His zombies are dead on and the characters hold a wide range of emotions. If anything, buy the first book - issues #1-6 - Days Gone Bye just for Moore's art work. 

Oh well, until next time - keep on huntin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment