Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach

Purchase [[Amazon]] [[Kindle]] [[B&N]] [[Nook]]
[[BetterWorldBooks]]
As part of their Cyber Monday sale, Amazon priced the Kindle edition of Go the F**k to Sleep around a buck or so. Of course, I bought it. And, of course, I regretted. 

While the book itself is downright hilarious - no, wait.   There is no real term for how funny this book really is - the Kindle version is a miss. I can only imagine that the format works better on a Kindle Fire rather than the plain ol' black and white Kindle.

It's a fun read for adults. Because I'm a soon-to-be parent, I thought it was a nice preparation for what is in store for me. However, I am not, under any circumstance, to read this book to my son - yes, it's a boy!!! - when putting him to bed.



In other news, I had my job interview at the Dustin Sekula Memorial Library. I think I did well under the circumstances - I have a head cold that decided to creep up on me. Of course, no visit to the library is ever complete without me dishing out some cash. Two book finds - total price at a dollar. A Brief History of the Paradox: Philosophy and the Labyrinths of the Mind by Roy Sorensen and Jamaica Kincaid's The Autobiography of My Mother

Until next time, keep on huntin'.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the baby boy! And I stumbled across this book a few months back and thought I was going to pass out from laughing so hard. It's one of those "what the parent is really thinking but not saying" kind of things... classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. When I used to read to my nephew back when he was teeny tiny, he would constantly ask me questions, constantly move around and constantly do everything but go the...well, you know. And as much as I say I don't like kids, you know I love them ten times as much. They're fun little people. Teenagers on the other hand - which my nephew currently is - I can do without.

    But I'm a fan of comedy. Even though I purchased What to Expect When Your Wife is Expanding by accident, somewhere in my subconscious I knew that I wanted a book that gave me an insight to the lighter side of this ordeal. I can't wait until April to meet my first born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the insistence of a fellow patron in the Atlanta airport (and an extremely long layover), I read that book in the airport Borders. Loved it. So funny. So exactly how you feel when you just want to go to bed and the mini you know you loved all day doesn't.

    Anyhow, congratuations on your baby news! And I hope you get (or got) the job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Still here waiting by the phone, but apparently the background check people are dragging their feet. I contacted the lady yesterday without a response. It makes me feel iffy, but hopefully it's not bad news.

    ReplyDelete