Friday, August 12, 2011

DC Versus Marvel Comics

It all comes down to this, doesn't it? The end of my graphic novel spree from my childhood in a single trade paperback edition. It started with Maximum Carnage and ends with DC Versus Marvel Comics - the epic contained in four issues plus Doctor Strangefate #1.

Following the story line two "gods" becoming aware of each other and deciding to pit their heroes against each other, the epic also spawned the Amalgam Universe, in which characters from both "worlds" were combined to make new heroes - my personal favorite being Dark Claw (Batman & Wolverine). This also means that while the epic is presented in full - the battles plus the resolving of the two universes - it also lacks the Amalgam comics that followed. And while these comics are available in collections, I opted out from reading them - I remember a few titles were not to my liking.

As for the book? Well, it's a must have for comic book geeks everywhere - especially if you grew up in the 90's. As for literary significance, well, is there anyway to say this correctly? Don't try to destroy your brother? I dunno. I really don't know.

Until next time, keep on huntin'. Man, it's been a while since I've typed that.


No comments:

Post a Comment