Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tunes You Need to Listen To


Sometime during high school, I was introduced to this little industrial - for lack of a better label - band called KMFDM. I wasn't much impressed - forgive me, I was a stupid teenager who thought Korn was the future of music (sadly, I wasn't wrong about this - we all remember rap-core, right?). After graduation, I was reintroduced to KMFDM and couldn't for the life of me remember why I didn't like them before. It went from "meh, let's play something else" to "holy shit, this is awesome!"

It was that path that led me to the music of Tim Skold - simply known as Skold. Some of you might remember him from Marilyn Manson, after Twiggy Ramirez left the band. With Skold in the band, Marilyn Manson released one of their greatest albums since Antichrist Superstar. He's known for his work in Shotgun Messiah, Skold vs. KMFDM and MDFMK

After the release of his first solo album - self-titled - Skold worked with the various aforementioned bands/projects. Mixed in these jobs, he worked on his own music - recording Disrupting the Orderly Routine of Institution demo, which was leaked onto the Internet as the Dead God EP without Skold's permission. And in December 2009, he released three songs on iTunes and Amazon, promising a new album in 2010. Well, 2010 came and left without any sign of a new album. 

On 12 April 2011, Skold dropped Suck, the first single to his long awaited album, Anomie. The single - available in both digital and CD format - features the title track plus four remixes by 16Volt, Combichrist, Front Line Assembly and Bitteren Ende, as well as, the three songs released in 2009 - "I Will Not Forget," "A Dark Star," and "Bullets Ricochet."

After listening to the single, it's hard to control my excitement. I'm shuddering from the complete orgasmic sensation that comes with listening to Skold's music. It's all I can do from going into a complete epileptic seizure from the goddamn awesomeness. 

Anomie drops 10 May 2011 and will be available in both digital and CD formats. Until next time, keep on huntin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment