Sunday, January 10, 2010

So Far With "Lestat"



As you know, I'm reading The Vampire Lestat. So far, it's been more enjoyable than Interview with the Vampire, which is sad because I spent so long looking for that book. I think the key reasons are the themes of the novels. With Interview, Louis was wondering the why we - or vampires - exist, and if the faiths we choose will stray us from a higher power. Lestat, however, ponders what's been on my mind for months now. What happens to us when we die? What if there's nothing after this world? Where do we go if there is something higher than us?

In several ways, I see myself more akin to the young Lestat who is speaking of blasphemes and then crumbles down, shaking and crying when his mortal coil is revealed. It's one thing to say we don't believe in something, I suppose, and a whole other thing to lie upon our deathbeds. See, I'm not an atheist. I believe I wouldn't have this problem if I were. I'm in the gray. And we worry a lot here.

 
Cheap textbooks, FREE tunes. Get 10 free music downloads with any textbook purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment