Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Last Book Hunt of 2010


I wasn't going to make a post until after New Year's, but how could I just ignore the impromptu book hunt of 2010? It's only the last book hunt of the year. I'm ending the year by reading Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice, despite what my GoodReads page states. I took said novel with me on the mini-road trip to Brownsville, Texas - where Jyg had her interview. 

I didn't do any reading at all while waiting for her. After, we headed to the Sunrise Mall where I rushed to the restroom. After coming out, I spotted it - the Mecca of my book hunting career. The holy land where it all started for me - a Waldenbooks. Brownsville and Harlingen are the last cities (that I'm aware of) that still house the Borders owned bookstore. I waltzed right in and was amazed by how much such a small store can hold. In there, I found a copy of John Green's Paper Towns, which I've been wanting to read for two - going on three - years for only $3.99. It wasn't the cover I originally wanted, but I wasn't going to let the opportunity slip me by. 

After Brownsville, we made a stop at Valle Vista Mall in Harlingen before heading home. Another Waldenbooks to venture through. There I found two books, both $3.99 each. The Real History of the End of the World by Sharan Newman - author of The Real History Behind the Templars and The Real History Behind the Da Vinci Code - seemed like a must have for next year's religious text challenge. And the just-for-fun pick, All the Sad Young Literary Men by Keith Gessen. 

As we speak, I have four books and one toy - which I'll reveal come January 4th (the date may vary). Three books ordered from my favorite online booksellers, BetterWorldBooks, which are: Gravity by Tess Gerritsen, Zen Sex: The Way of Making Love and Do Me: Sex Tales from Tin House. From Amazon, I purchased the toy and the novel Annabel by Kathleen Winter. 

I bid you farewell, 2010. Here's looking at a bright, new future of 2011. May your year be blessed with many books. Until then, keep on huntin'.

Be sure to check out the great deals @ BustedTees!
Spend Your Holiday Money In Hilarious Style at Bus

No comments:

Post a Comment