Thursday, July 8, 2010

Amazon Package



I apologize for the shitty image; my camera was left in Jyg's camera bag and that went home with her after the beach trip. I'll get it later, perhaps. In the meantime, I'll use my BlackBerry to capture the image of what came in the mail this morning. 

Last year, I read The Stand by Stephen King. Shortly after - like I do with most of the books I read - I was going to watch the film - in this case, a miniseries. To my shock and dismay, I found that my copy of the film was missing. Along with it, The Langoliers and Golden Years. As you can see, they're all from the same set. After months of searching, asking people I normally lend my things to, I have boiled it down to the conclusion that it was lost and I should just suck it up and purchase a new copy. And so I did, along with a bargain priced copy of Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Yesterday, upon visiting Waldensbooks (a.k.a. Borders), I noticed the DVD of the film. I plan on viewing the film after I completed the novel.

The only reason I picked up the book is because a friend of mine - who's been pushing me to read more and more books that I normally wouldn't have touched otherwise - suggested it. While I'm not a big fan of translations - I tend to start questioning whether or not if the translation is a literal one, a word by word, or a literary translation (yes, I know how that reads) - I decided, why the hell not? Rather than paying $14.95, I paid $7.15 - which is Amazon's actual price and not that of a seller.

The next books I have in my scope are the dual erotic tales of submission anthologies simply entitled Please, Sir and Please, Ma'am. Until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment