Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams

I finally picked up book two of the five-part trilogy, and I wondered why it took me so long to read it. It's just as funny as the first (and who wouldn't have guessed that? I mean, it's obvious that Douglas Adams was a genius), and leaves me longing for the third (which I have, but I won't read it for a while).

If you haven't heard of the Holy Trilogy in Five Parts (better known as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series), then you live under a bigger rock than I did (I heard of it, just dragged my knuckles to read it).

Picking up where the first ended, Arthur Dent, Ford, Trillion, Zaphod, and Marvin are back. But their trek to the restaurant at the end of the galaxy - a time, not a place - is interrupted by the same Vogons responsible for blowing up Earth. The tackles paranormal, time travel, and the origin of man in a fun way. Well, the latter's a little depressing, but in a funny way.

You can purchase the omnibus at Amazon and Barnes and Noble, for your Kindle or Nook.
Thriftbooks.com
Thriftbooks.com
Thriftbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment