Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fifty Shades of Red Riding Hood by R. R. Hood

I'm sure the fact is exhausted – I really loathed Fifty Shades of Grey. It's terrible writing that managed to slip by publishers and fool good readers into thinking this is what erotica really is – shitty fan-fiction romance of an even shittier story. That said, I'm also incredibly tired of Fifty Shades parodies and spin-offs. That was until I stumbled across Fifty Shades of Red Riding Hood.

I took the liberty of highlighting several lines and passages I loved, which I've posted on Chapin City Blues.

Little Red Riding Hood isn't so little anymore, but she's still being stalked by a wolf while romancing the woodcutter. But there's something about the way this wolf treats her. Something about the way he carries himself. Whatever it is, her inner goddess craves it. Only one question, is Red Riding Hood willing to go along with what Mr. Wolf has in mind?

It's incredible how the author mimics the terrible writing style of E.L. James and never betrays it. Inner goddess, jeez, or something, constant references to her virginity, flood the pages of this short story parody. The only problem I had with the book was the after note about abusive relationships, as if condemning the sexual relationship found in Fifty Shades of Grey.

Fifty Shades of Red Riding Hood is available for $0.99 on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment