Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


Let's get something straight first. I've never read the novel. That is not to say I haven't read the novel. It's just that the novel is unreadable. It's boring. It's dull. It drags and drags and drags. Now there are some who say that the novel picks up after the first - oh say - 180 pages, but I'm a firm believer that no book or movie or musical album should bore the snot out of the audience before it gets to the good stuff. Meanwhile, there are others who think the exact opposite. The book doesn't get better after 180 pages or even after 280 pages. It just drags and drags and drags. So I've given up on the novel at least ten times since I purchased it. And the second novel sits there untouched.

However, I liked the American adaptation - I haven't seen the original, so I have nothing to compare it to. Daniel Craig (aka my favorite James Bond since Sean Connery) does a marvelous job in his role. Whereas, Rooney Mara actually makes me want to rewatch the godawful remake of A Nightmare Elm Street just to see how she did. 

I wish I could write more on this film, but it's been over a week since I saw it - thanks to my son being born, I've been ignoring all my duties as a blogger (which are none, and if there were some, they'd not outmatch the importance on the little guy). Oh well, check out the film on Amazon Instant or purchased the BluRay combo pack

Until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment