Thursday, March 10, 2011

Reason for my Absence


I haven't been reading anything lately - a sort of a dry spell. Like I said before I vanished, Monica and I were to book hunt and we did just that. From that book hunt, I picked up a copy of Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime (new), Pronto by Elmore Leonard (used), Somebody to Love? by Grace Slick with Andrea Cagan, FLCL vol. 1, and some book by James Patterson (all used). 

So my dry spell isn't due to not having books. I also started reading Dexter in the Dark, but quickly put it down. Picked up The Ultimated Lovecraft Collection, put it down and then started reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, but put it down as well. Then the worst thing that could happen did and I had to call Amazon to report that my Kindle just up and broke on me. It was replaced - which arrived two days later - and all was right with the world.

So I started writing, which consumed most of my time. I playfully called the piece "Zombies in the Outfield," but "The United Undead Baseball League" might be the project's title after I complete the editing process. I also started writing something new, but it's not going so well so I might try to get some reading done so the blog doesn't die - it entered in its third year and the following isn't great, but at least I have readers stumbling in.

During the writing process, I also picked up Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos, Glue, City of the Dead - which I put down when I realized it was a sequel to The Rising, which I hadn't read yet - and The Rising. All of which, I put down. I finally picked up Hollowland - the first book of The Hollows series - by Amanda Hocking. This one might actually survive and pull me out of the dry spell. Here's to hope. Until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment