Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nine books & a DVD


Hunt: Rant by Chuck Palahniuk
Location: Georgia's Thrift Store, McAllen, TX
Success: 0% (though, I bought other books)
Cost: $12.99

After finding out I don't like Chuck Palahniuk's writing, someone made a case to give him a second chance. Her suggestion is to read Rant. As with most of my book hunts, I ventured to Georgia's Thrift Shop. The only books Mike had on stock by Palahniuk were Fight Club - which I can borrow from Monica - and Haunted. I could've made the exception and just pick up the latter, but the price was too high for my blood - five dollars. I don't think Palahniuk's worth five dollars, let alone the price of his novels. Call me when you have for fifty cents and I might haggle you a nickel.

Of course, I didn't come out empty handed. I did manage to find nine books that piqued my interest and found a cheap copy of Star Wars Episode III for a reasonable price.  So here's what I did buy:
  1. Four Past Midnight by Stephen King
  2. The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty
  3. The ESP Affair by Alison Tyler
  4. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith starring Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen
  5. Utopian Literature edited by J.W. Johnson
  6. Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King
  7. Thirteen edited by T. Pines
  8. Ghost Walk by Brian Keene
  9. The Tommyknockers by Stephen King
  10. Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment