Friday, March 16, 2012

The Ballad of Ballard and Sandrine by Peter Straub

Every so often, I'll come across a book and wonder what I just read. When this happens, I either put the book down and go for a walk, or I turn to the first page and try again. I went for a walk today.

The Ballad of Ballard and Sandrine tells the story of two lovers - an older man and the daughter of his client - throughout the decades. Think Memento, if Memento ended with the beginning, as well. 

Normally, I'll rehash some of the events for summary purposes, but I don't know what I read, so I can't. I know that they're on a boat. That Sandrine is a bit independent. That they both fell in love with each other the moment they met each other. That Ballard might have something to do with the mob. That, on the yacht, an invisible bird-speaking servants run the show. And thrown in there is a giant bug in a cage, which they might be eating, or they might be eating toucan.

In short, it's a little like Naked Lunch without any real interest from me. 

The Ballad of Ballard and Sandrine is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble (I'll link this later, if I remember as the service is currently disabled).

Oh well, until next time - keep on huntin'.

Fast and Free Expedited Shipping on orders over $59 offer applies to Bookbyte inventory only - 468x60 banner

No comments:

Post a Comment