Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Il Decameron/ The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio



I stumbled upon this the other day while cleaning one of my many bookshelves. I don't know where I got it, or when, but I own it. First off, I know I didn't spend money on it because I wouldn't buy something I couldn't read, despite its novelty (which is strange, because I'm more than willing to buy something that I wouldn't read). Published in 1953, Il Decameron contains a introduction by Vincenzo Pernicone along with footnotes in the text. It's also much slimmer than my English copy of The Decameron, I book I was lent but never return - I doubt that its original owner even knows I still have it.

Because of its condition, I'm afraid this Italian printing of the book will once again find a place on my bookshelf, along with all the other books I cannot read - I have a German copy of a Simone de Beauvoir book - don't ask me which one, because I've misplaced somewhere in the study.




Don't forget to pick up your favorite copies of classic and contemporary literature, the perfect gift for the holiday season. Check out Abe Books store and save!

No comments:

Post a Comment