Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Reviewer's Copy & Other Updates


I received my "reviewers copy" of Best Bondage Erotica 2012 (edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel) in the mail today. Bussel is known for her erotica anthology such as Yes, Sir, Please, Ma'am and Women in Lust. The collection is released 13 December 2011 - pre-order yours now at Amazon or B&N

With less than two months left in the year, I started contemplating the changes that need to be made in the blog. The most obvious change is the placement of the book covers in reviews. They switch yearly. In 2012, they will appear on the right hand side of your screen.

Then there's the idea of using one of those dynamic - is that the right term? - layouts that Blogger is now providing its users. Which means that all posts will feature banner ads at the end - something I attempt with every post, with the exception of advertisements.

I want to keep up with the giveaways, even though this first one is quite the lackluster - I might have to break my 30 note/comment rule because of this. I apologize. I've never held a giveaway before, so I don't know how to go about it. Even though I've been running this blog for nearly a handful of years, it's not "distinguished." I've only have the one follower with the various people who find me via Google searches - usually for the film Wristcutters or the short story that inspired it, "Kneller's Happy Campers." If there were only some way to giveaway new releases of either mainstream literature or indie books - any writers out there or fellow bloggers wanna clue me in how to go about that?

The most important update will happen off blog. As most of you don't know - because you probably skip around the more "personal" entries dealing with books - my first child will be born in April. I'm pretty sure fatherhood will put a damper - though not a negative one - in my reading and updating. Fatherhood also means me getting my crap together and finding a long term job rather than this freelancing one - I need stability and security - so work will also set boundaries on how often I post. There's also the matter of my returning to school - hopefully by the summer - which will strictly be online courses from either Texas Woman's University or University of North Texas, hopefully. 

Oh well, here's to the future fellow book lovers. Until next time, keep on huntin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment